Congratulations to all Junior Winds and Jazz Band students on a very nice concert. Thank you for all your time and thank you to all who came to listen.
- Grade 7 and 8 Concert - Monday Dec. 5 - 7:00p.m. Students are asked to meet at Campbell at 6:30p.m.
- Grade 6 Concert - Tuesday Dec. 6 - 7:00p.m. Students are asked to meet at Campbell at 6:30p.m.
In Grade 6 Band
We are in final concert preparations. Grade 6's have been asked to practice our pieces that we will be performing at the concert. These include:
-Theme From Beethoven's Ninth
- Let's Go Band
- From our book - Jingle Bells (Page 120, Old MacDonald (p.11), Shark (p.11), and Star Search (p.12)
- The twelve bar blues and the "head" to C Jam Blues
In Grade 7 Band
The Grade 7's are working on final concert preparations. They have been asked to practice:
- Starry Night - measures 25 - end
- Argosy - flutes and clarinets - beginning, everyone else 51 -end
- Frosty - measures 15-23
In Grade 8 Band
We've worked on Amen up to measure 58 and now we have to work on 58-82. We've also brought back Canticum for our December concert and are putting the finishing touches on A Quiet Song and Sleigh Ride. In addition to the pieces, we've practiced our chromatic scale up to 16th notes. We'll keep working on this to increase our speed.